Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 18


I took a 8:30 bus to Phnom Penh. I thougt it would take 5 hours, but it took 6 hours having a half hour lunch break on the way.
The person next to me was from Australia. He said he retired at the age of 48. I thought it is too young to retire, so I asked him why. He said his father passed away two weeks after the retirement, and he could not enjoy his retired life, so he is now traveling here and there very often.
After arriving the bus terminal I went to the hotel by Tuk Tuk.  When I got there, there was no electricity.  The room was somehow different from what I saw from the Internet.
In the evening I walked around the city.   At the Wat Phnom, only foreigners had to pay the entrance fee.
I like to see water things, and there is a lake on the map.  So I went to see the lake.  But there is no lake there.  Such a disappointing!  Maybe at the rainy season, it may appear.
I saw the beautiful sunset on the river.
At night I went to the night market, but it was rather small compared to other places.
I enjoyed Khmer dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment