Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 10

I wanted to go to Sukhothai and asked the travel agencies if they have one day tour or not. They have, but since there is no participant, there was no tour on the day I wanted to go.  Therefore I decided to go there by bus by myself.  They say it takes 5 hours to go there.  That is 10 hours drive for a day.  And I may not have enough time there.  So I was wondering if I should go or not.  But after all I decided to go.
I left the hotel at 7:00 AM and walked to the bus terminal for 45 minutes.  I could get the ticket for 8:00 AM bus .  It was supposed to arrive at Sukhotai around 13:00 PM, however it was delayed, of course.  I wanted to get off at the historical park, but they insisted to take me to the bus terminal.  I did not have enough bahts, so I needed to exchange money.   Tuk Tuk driver offered me the tour at the bus terminal.  It was rather expensive, but I did not have enough time and since he was kind, I decided to ask him to go to the bank first, show me around the historical park next, and take me back to the bus terminal by 17:30 when the bus was supposed to leave.
At the bank I tried to change $50, but they did not accept under $100, so I exchanged yen 10,000.
At first we went to 8 temples or so and returned to the bus terminal by 17:30.  But they said that 17:30 bus was canceled because of the accident, and that the next bus is 19:00.  So I asked the Tuk Tuk driver to go back to the historical park and I could see what I missed.  After all he showed me around Wat Mahathat, Wat Sri Sawai, Wat Traphang Ngoen, King Ramkamhaeng The Great Monument, Wat Sra Sri, Wat Phra Phai Luang, Thurian Pottery Klin, Wat Chang Lom, Wat Sopham Hin, Wat Chetuphon.  Wat means temple.  There were so many temples and I can't tell which is which by pictures.....
When I went back to the bus terminal by 19:00, they said the bus has already left.  So I had to go to another bus terminal by minibus and buy another bus ticket to Chiang Mai there.  At the Tak Station the bus was supposed to come at 20:30, but of course it delayed again!  I had to wait for 45 minutes or so, and finally I arrived at the hotel around 2:00 AM.
But I am glad to have been there because I am not sure when I can come back to Thailand next time.  If I went there by one day Japanese tour, it would cost more than 4,300 bahts, and the English tour for 1,900 bahts or so, but the bus round tickets were like 500 bahts or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment