Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 16

The third day in Siem Reap.  Today I visited Preah Khan, Neak Pean, Ta Som, East Mebon, Pre Rup, Lolei, Preak Ko, and Bakong from 8:30 AM to 16:00 PM.  It was a very hot day but it rained a little bit in the afternoon.
At the Preah Khan a woman approached me and started explaining.  Usually I refuse the guides, but she told me many useful information and took many interesting pictures.  I was not sure how much I should pay and I was going to give her the small changes I had but she said $3.  I did not have three one dollar bills so she asked to exchange to the girls selling souvenirs there.  After all I bought some souvenirs from them too....  You had better bring $1 bills as much as possible.  There are so many small children who sell souvenirs here and there saying Japanese "10 postcards for a dollar" or something. 
Today I met many Japanese.  I will go to see waterfalls tomorrow with two of them.
At night I went to the restaurant Bayon I to see Subaek which is a shadow play.

No comments:

Post a Comment