Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 15

Second day of Siem Reap.  I started very early today to see the sun rise at Angkor Wat.  I got up at 4:30 AM  and the Tuk Tuk driver came to pick me up at 5:00 AM and we went to Angkor Wat.  I waited the sunrise in front of the sacred pond.  There were many dragon flies.  There were so many people there from so many countries.  Sunrise was very beautiful. 
The good thing was Angkor Wat is open from early morning, I could see inside soon after the sunrise.  I walked and walked for more than 2 hours.  There were monkeys inside.  They say they try to get food from tourists.  The third corridor opens at 7:40 AM, so I had to wait for half an hour or so.
After Angkor Wat I went to see Angkor Thom, Chau Say Thevoda, Thommanom, Ta Keo, Ta Prohm, Banteay Kdei, and Sras Srang until 3:00 PM or so.  Angkor Archaeological Park is so big that I walked and walked, nearly 30,000 steps for 9 hours.  The most impressive place was Ta Prohm where has big trees on the walls and buildings.
I went back to the hotel once and went shopping at Night Market tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment