Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Day 11

In the morning I went to the H.I.S. in Chiang Mai to get the ticket of the soap curving class for Saturday afternoon.  In Bangkok branch, if you have a skywalker card, there is a discount, but in Chiang Mai branch they don't have such a thing.  I also booked the flights from Bangkok to Siem Reap, and from Phnom Penh to Bangkok.  At first I was going to Cambodia by bus or train, but time is limited, therefore I decided to use the flight.  In Thailand to have cash is important.  If you use the credit card, they charge about 3% for the commission.
I went back to the hotel to check out around noon.  And I have walked around the old city of Chiang Mai visiting many temples for 4 hours or so.  In Kyoto or Nara there are so many temples and shrines, but I felt there are more temples here.
After coming back to the hotel to pick up the luggage, I went to the train station.  Then I met the person who arranged my 3 day tours and his wife.  I bought something to eat and drink and got on the night train around 17:00.  Train left at 17:30.
Cars were a little bit different from the one in which I came to Chiang Mai.  There is no air conditioning but fan, so it was so hot and humid inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment