Thursday, September 22, 2011

Day 7 Pokhara to Nagarkot via Bhaktapur

Thursday, September 22, 2011: Day 7

I got up at 4:30 to see the sunrise at Sarangkot. There are so many people there to have the same purpose. However, unfortunately it was cloudy and we could not see the beautiful sunrise and mountain range, though we saw partially.

Today I exchanged yen 10,000 to Rupee 9,800. It is rather easy to convert.

I flew from Pokhara to Kathmandu. It was a short flight of 25 minutes or so. Unfortunately I could not see the mountains. Interesting things at the airport were prices of the goods which are nearly 3 to 7 times higher than the town and the security check which is done by men and women separately.

After arriving at Kathmandu, we headed for Bhaktapur where is the third largest town in Kathmandu. It was a capital of 15th to 18th century. There are many old buildings built by red bricks. I enjoyed lunch at the restaurant in front of the Nyatapola Mandir.

Then I enjoyed shopping including the local costume.

And we came to Nagarkot where has the beautiful view point of the Himalayan. It is about 2100 meters high and it is rather cool.
I expected to see a beautiful sunset, but I could not.

No comments:

Post a Comment