Sunday, September 25, 2011

Day 10 at Hong Kong

Sunday, September 25, 2011: Day 10

I left Kathmandu at night and arrived at Hong Kong early in the morning.
It's been 16 years and a half since I came to Hong Kong last time, I think.

I exchaned yen 10,000 to HK$946.
I bought Octopus card which enables me to ride on bus and train cashless which is similar to Japanese Pasmo or Suica.
I went to Yau Ma Tei by bus and went to the hotel, but it was too early to check in. They were kind enough to keep my suitcase and let me use the Internet.
I called my friend who has the same birthday as mine, and decided the time and place to meet.
To kill time I took the open-top sightseeing tours. There are three courses and it cost HK$290 with $30 off coupon. First I took the Kowloon Tour (Blue line) which lasted for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
Then I met my friend and ate dim sum. We took the Stanley Tour (Green line) which lasts for 2 hours if you do not drop anywhere, but we stopped at Aberdeen to take Sampan and at Stanley Beach Road to see the market. On our way we saw the track and field meeting of Japanese school.
After that I took Hong Kong Island Tour (Red Line) which lasts for 1 hour and a half. It rained a lot.
Then we met again at night to have dinner. We enjoyed the Symphony of Lights from the 30th floor restaurant.

No comments:

Post a Comment