Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Day 11 Hong Kong to Japan

Monday, September 26, 2011: Day 11

The last day of my summer vacation.
After having breakfast I left the hotel to go to the office of my ex-counterparts. I have not been there for 15 years and a half, but I could go there by myself. Station and appearance of the building were changed and there are some new convenience stores around, but basically everything was the same as before. We have not met for such a long time, but we could recognize each other. Four of us had dim sum together.

I came back to the hotel to pick up the suitcase and headed for the airport by bus.
When I checked in, I wanted to have a window seat. But they said today they were full, and there was no window seat. Instead they offered me a flight one hour earlier to Narita. I paid yen 10,000 to change the flight from Narita to Haneda, so I said no. But they offered me a business class seat. So I decided to take it. There was no time left, therefore I could not buy anything at the airport and headed for the plane.
Trips by business class is one of my dreams. So I enjoyed the reclining seat, delicious foods and a good service called by name.

There were some HK dollars, I bought something at the in flight duty free shop which I have not used for a long time.

One thing I felt really impressive was the donation pouch which you can give the coins you did not use in the countries you have just left. Any coins are acceptable. I put some HK dollars and handed them to the cabin attendant. I think this is a very good way to donate to UNICEF. I think all of the airlines should do this.

It was rather cool when I got to Narita. I came home around midnight.

I really had a good time in Nepal and Hong Kong to visit many places and old friends.

Thank you very much, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment