Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Day 6

I started translating my book into English in the morning, but it may take time.  For the time being the copyright belongs to the publisher, so I may need to wait to publish the English version for a while if I wish to do self-publishing.  If any publisher would like to publish my book in other languages, the story must be different though.
In the late afternoon my friend and I went to Miami.  I hoped to visit a museum but when we got there, it was almost closing time, and I could not see fully.  They said it is open for free on Saturday.  That is a good news to know.
We went to a restaurant called "Naoe(直江)", Japanese style restaurant where I have wanted to visit for 4 years.  Executive Chef Kevin Cory is my friend from the Morikami Tea Class.  It is a small restaurant and they only accept the reserved guests through OpenTable.   It opens only for dinner at 6 pm starting @ $85 + sales tax + 18% gratuity per person.  They served boxed lunch style dishes with clear soup & 8 pc Nigiri-zushi & Dessert.  There were many seasonal dishes such as matsutake (松茸) : mushroom , ginnan (銀杏): gingko nuts, kaki (柿): persimmon, sanma (秋刀魚): Brevoort, and so on.  All were so delicious.  I tried frozen sake (酒).  They also have a variety of  tea.  I enjoyed the three biggest rare tastes called sandai chinmi (三大珍味) too.  It may seem very expensive, but it is worth going and having dinner at least 4 times a year. 
I am not sure when I can visit next time, but whenever I come to Florida, I hope to visit there.

No comments:

Post a Comment