Saturday, September 8, 2018

2018 Trip to Australia Day 1

The destination of  my summer vacation this year is Australia.

Maybe it's been 18 years since I went to Australia last. It was the time of Sydney Olympic.
I have been to Australia for four or five times before.
The reason I did not visit for such a long time is the death of my friend from Expo '92.  She had lived in Australia and after seeing her in 2005, I was going to visit her. But she passed away so suddenly that I lost the reason to go to Australia.

This time I was invited to the training in Fraser Island and decided to come.

I will go to Brisbane, Gold Coast, Fraser Island, and Cairns this time.

I booked the fight tickets to go to Brisbane via Hong Kong. However there was something wrong with the plane, and it delayed for an hour and a half which made the connection flight impossible.

Therefore they offered me to go to Sydney by JAL and to Brisbane by Qantas which arrives earlier than the original plan.
I accepted this plan. Unfortunately I could not get the window side. Since the ticket was booked by Cathay, and it was impossible to upgrade by mileage. It would cost yen30,000 to upgrade. It would take 9 hours and a half.The connection flight will be at the window side so I gave up upgrading.

The service of JAL is very good. I enjoyed a Japanese movie "Laplace's Witch" which I missed while it was showing at the theater. I watched Queen's Live too.
It was a nice day after all.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment