Wednesday, April 25, 2018

2018 Golden Week Trip to Dubai Day 1

It's time of the Golden Week in Japan. It starts on April 29 and ends on May 5. If you take two days off on May 1 and 2, you get 8 days off. I decided to take two more days off.

This year I chose to go to Dubai during the Golden Week.

This is the first trip to the Middle East for me. I have wanted to go there for a long time but had no chance by now.

I am a member of the very nice worldwide travel club and they offer many reasonable trips to Dubai. I chose the one from April 26 to 30. This time I go there with my college friend who lives in Kyushu. She took the flight first, but booked the wrong day. Therefore we dicided to stay there one more night.

We have thought how and where we spend the additional day. We looked for the one night two days tour to Abu Dhabi from Dubai, but we found only one of them which did not include visiting the Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan Mosque. Therefore we decided to stay at the same hotel and go to Abu Dhabi by one day tour.

Unfortunately it was too late to book the direct flight when I started looking for the ticket. However I needed to be there in the day time before my friend arrives therefore I chose the Malaysian Airline leaving at night from the Narita Airport.

I used the free pick up service of the suitcase by the benefit of the AMEX Gold Card and my suitcase was delivered to the airport beforehand.

To travel light is one of my dreams. So I am glad to do so.

I left the office around 17:30 and arrived at the airport around 19:30. After checking in I wanted to buy something and use the lounge, but I could not.

The seat was 9K and it was spacy. It must be a preminum seat between Business class and Economy class fortunately.

It takes about 7 hours and 10 minutes from Narita to Kuala Lumpur, and there is one hour difference between Japan and Malaysia.

There were peanuts & drink service, dinner, and sandwich & drink if you like.

I watched a movie "Bucket List" which I wanted to see for a long time.

In the morning it was raining but became fine in Tokyo. During the flight it was fine, and the Moon and the way of Moon light reflected on the ocean were so beautiful from the window. Before approaching to the Kuala Lumpur airport I saw many thunderlights, but it is fine.

Now I am waiting for the next flight to Dubai at the premium lounge which is also the benefit of the AMEX Gold Card.

My first trip abroad with the new passport has just begun.

I am going to enjoy this trip to my heart content.

No comments:

Post a Comment